Tampico Mexico Mission

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's HOT! - April 20th, 2015

Hola! It was a great week here in Tampico!! The weather seems nice on the iPhone, but when you get here... wow it’s so hot!! humid!! We only have one fan in the house so we are sweating a ton!! I think it evens out because I eat a ton and I sweat a ton so I just stay the same weight!:) It’s really going good here! My comp is doing great and I’m learning about the rodeo life! I’m gonna ride a bull when I get back!;) We had a couple different things happen this week!! We had divisions and I stayed in my area with an Elder Weddle! He is crazy and from Ohio!! I’ve never laughed so much from the things he says!! He’s a newer elder also and still has in him all of the funny things!! It’s like they don’t have limits yet! If you know what I mean! It’s kind of hard to explain!:)

We also had the meeting for all the new elders with president! It was super great! The spirit was so strong! We split up and all of the trainers stayed in one room and the new elders went in the other with president!! We were with the assistants! It was amazing! We had to teach the doctrine of Christ!! There are so many ways I can improve my teaching and when an elder teaches the doctrines of Christ, they are teaching the ways that he did, and he wants us to teach! I’ve got a long way to go!! We also had a different day Sunday! Church went well and we had a couple investigators go! We found a part member family and they are so wonderful!! The husband wants them all to be baptized, so we put a date with them and they came to church! We are excited for them and they seem like they will complete will all of their desires!! We had lunch and went out and worked again but the first lesson we had we got rejected and they just didn’t want anything to do with us... not something totally new but you can just feel the spirit leave! We left quickly and went to the next lesson!! We said a little prayer together on the way and taught the same lesson to the next family! We changed the lesson a little bit, but it was just amazing how you can feel the Holy Ghost influence the people in their lives! The day was starting to get better and we went to a less active that can’t go because she is super sick! Her name is Hna Trivinu! We went over to her house and gave her the sacrament and she also asked for a blessing! The spirit was there and you could feel it!! It’s amazing how the Lord blesses our lives with the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost is really the one that touches the people lives, we are only a mouth piece!

My thoughts have turned this week to the atonement of Jesus Christ and the blessing we have in our lives! There are many parts of the bible that have this but the parts I have read most are in Matthew 26 and 27! I’m so grateful of the atonement in my life and the opportunity I have to share with others the blessings and happiness they can have in their lives!! I love you all and seems like your weeks were good!! Trust in the lord and always come closer to him by doing the things that he wants of us!! Grow your testimony and conversion in him and you will never fall!! Feel the Holy Ghost in your life every day and see the difference that in makes!!

Love you tons! Love Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment