Tampico Mexico Mission

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hna Teresa was baptized - March 30th, 2015

Hola!! Tuvimos el bautismo!!!! We had the baptism!! It was a good week!! The baptism went well!! There probably won’t be a baptism in the mission that goes super smoothly!! This one didn’t but hna Teresa got in the water!;) The baptism was scheduled for 3 and it lasted until 5:30!! Because people had to come and what not!! I got to be the witness because we didn’t have priesthood sufficient!! It was a good experience!! She was so ready to be baptized!! She’s great!! She really has a great spirit about her!! I would love to say we found her and what not but a lot of time that’s not the case. We just had to make sure that she went to church and had to finish some of the lessons. We also had to activate her cousin because she wanted him to baptize her. He was less active but we got it all together and it went through. It was a good experience for my comp!! The first one!! It’s going great with my comp!! He only gets frustrated with the language but I can remember how I was just the same because I thought I should be able to speak it! It just comes with time!! He’s great!! When he does speak, you really can feel the Holy Ghost!! I can now tell you how the gift of tongues is real for me and for him!! I know that the people understand the things that we have for them!! 2 gringos walking around!! It’s never happened before in this area so people are liking to stare! It’s pretty funny!! It was a good week for the missionary work!! The binder for the area is missing a lot of people we found out this week!! I’m not sure how but a lot of people get lost or what not, but we found them again this week!!! Here’s a little story. On the first day of the change a man contacted us and told us that we could come over to his house whenever he wanted and that he had a daughter that lives in the United States and she is a member. We really didn’t think anything of it and kinda forgot about him but just a couple days ago a teenager contacted us and told that we should come meet with them and visit them! So we said ok, but it came to that day and we had the baptism and we were chuck full so we didn’t go!! Yesterday we went to the house and the wife came out and greeted us. She was like Elders I’m glad you’re here!! I was takin back but them we visited them!! We put it all together and how the Dad contacted us first and how his son was the second. Family Aguilar!! They are great!! They have a son named Antonio!! He’s 24 and I think he’s made of gold!! He just had a look about him that was different!! I’m not sure how to explain it!! We found 2 families like them this week!! It was great!! The area is coming along quickly!! We are now starting to teach families!! It’s something special because really the gospel is here to bless our families and how we can live with them for all eternity!! Alanna’s birthday is this Saturday right!!! Happy bday!!! Also general conference!! I think its Jacob 4 : 6 lealo!!:) Sounds like you all had a good week with spring break!! Our spring break was real good! :) Ha love you tons!! Have a good next week!! Love, Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment