Tampico Mexico Mission

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Blessing to be with Elder Lundberg - March 23rd, 2015


Hola!

Where do I start!! It was such an amazing week we had here!! It’s a huge blessing to be with Elder Lundberg!! Even though he doesn’t speak much Spanish... almost none!! Ha he has a great spirit about him! We had so many experiences that were super spiritual! We found some new investigators this week that are so wonderful! We had this family named family Hernandez. They are so great! So a little bit about them! We went on Saturday to teach her because on Friday we contacted her in the street. We talked a little bit and she said that she had family that was members and how that we could come back Saturday, so we said alright and left and thought nothing of it! On Saturday we went to her house and she wasn’t home, only the little kids. We talked to them and asked if someone was home that we could talk to and they said yes and all the sudden a man came out and we talked a little bit and he said he was a member just going to a different church time. He told us lots of different things and how he was a missionary also and what not. Then her name is Hna Lilian came home! We talked to her also and asked if we could share a message. She said sure so we taught her but in the middle of the lesson, her family that I was explaining, his name is Arude, I asked him a question to tell us a little bit more about the baptism of Jesus Christ! He changed!! It was so funny to see!! He went from normal... to missionary mode!! It was great!! We had such a great lesson and she accepted a baptism date with her 3 little kids!! The next day was Sunday and they all came to church!! It’s a feeling that’s indescribable!! We also had to give talks!! We had our talks and they went pretty well!! My comp was pretty nervous!! He did a great job though!

This week we seemed to also get the confidence of some of the members a lot more!! They seem to want to work with us more closely so we are looking forward to that!! A little bit more about the area and us... we have a baptism this Saturday!! Hna Teresa!! We are super excited for her and hope it goes through!! I wish I could tell you more of the stories and experiences that we had this week but I don’t have enough time.I’m just a slow typer!! I also need to send pics so that will take up a little bit of time also.

Sounds like spring break will be fun!! Keep safe and have a great time!! I’m doing great here!! The Spanish is coming along great!! With the people and everyone else I have to pretty much talk all the time, but with my comp we are coming little by little with the Spanish!! We speak a little bit of English! ;) Ha I hope you are all doing great and you are all in my prayers!!

One of my favorite scriptures right now is John 21!! Give it a shot if you want! ;)

Love you guys!
Love Elder Facer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment