Tampico Mexico Mission

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I'm Here Doing the Lord's Work - March 9th, 2015

March 9th, 2015 Hola!! It was a super good week here and it kinda changed the mission for me personally! We were busy the whole week with things to do!! Our area is doing well and we found some new investigators that really want to progress!! It’s always a great thing when the investigator has real intentions and actually follows through with the commitments!! We had some great lessons this week!! It was Friday and we taught a couple lessons and what not, but the Hna Lilia was sick and also an investigator named Angel was sick. So we gave them a blessing!! I gave one of the blessings and my comp gave the other!! We always switch off and on, but I gave the blessing for Hna Lilia and it was a moment that I will never forget!! It was one of those moments when you give the blessing and the words just come to you!! I’ve always heard it from Dad and what not, but it’s something really special and I now know what Dad was talking about all those years!:) We also have a family Benite working through a divorce and are going to be married here, but here in Mexico it’s hard to do the both, but we talked to them last week about it a little and went on our way! At the first of the week, this week, they came to us and asked us more questions about it and how they are going to do it and what not!! It was great! I can’t wait for them to get it all figured out and then their baptism!! My comp is doing great!! We get along super well! It’s crazy how fast time is going!! This is the last week of this change!! I think when you really do just focus on the work and give it your all, you kinda do lose track of the time!! The mission changed for me this week because one day in the morning it was a little hard and what not so I read a couple of the talks that Darin gave me!! I was looking for flash cards and I founds the talks... miracle in its self right!:) ha but I grabbed the talks and sat down and read them! It’s been a super long time since I’ve read them and the spirit just hit me super hard and I just felt that really I’m not here for me!! I’m here doing the Lords work and need to focus on the people and how I could change their lives and not how this is gonna change my life!! Before I didn’t really think about me a whole ton and what not, but there’s so much that I could be and the Lord was just showing me how I could change by helping me see that!! I know that this gospel is true and know that this is the Lord’s work and when we give him our all in the Lord’s work or in our lives normally.....we will see miracles! The blessings will come that he has waiting for us, we just have to do our part….takes a little work but we can all do it!! Sounds like your week was fun with the trip to Utah!! Happy birthday Trevin!! Crazy how old you are!!! Don’t worry I sang to you from here!! I love you all and am always praying for you!! Have an amazing next week!! Love Ky!

No comments:

Post a Comment