Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 17th, 2014 - Cold Night

Hey!!

It was a good week this week!! Just a ton of missionary work!! To start off the week we had divisions and it went well!! It was cold and I didn’t bring everything... so I didn’t sleep very well but that’s ok!! With the help of the Lord I really wasn’t that tired the next day!! It’s getting super cold here though and I wanted to buy a heater but we can’t because you can’t trust Mexico and the gas problems!! So I just bundle up in the house!! It works out pretty well though! My comp tries to act like the tough guy... he’s probably going to get sick!! But hopefully he doesn’t!! He’s a great guy!!

We had the district class this week and it was amazing!! Every one of the missionaries are so amazing!! It was so spiritual!! I learned a ton!! It’s crazy how much you can learn from others! I was just taking it all in!! It will be great in the future to have those every week!! Since my comp is district leader, we will have divisions a ton!! This next week we will have it three times! It sounds kind of different, but I think it will be good! Learning from others!

We have a couple great investigators!! One has been to church 5 times, without the missionary discussions, in a different ward!! So we are teaching him now!! He just needs to go to church in our ward and he can be baptized!! It’s in 3 weeks! It was a heart breaker this week!! We were going to have a baptism this coming Sunday, but the family went to this fair to make money!! When I say make money!! It’s living day to day!! Maybe 200 pesos!! So they didn’t go to church!! It was sad! It was the first time they faulted though so they can go this coming week and in the following week they can be baptized!! We have worked hard with them because there Dad was inactive so got him activated and now he can receive the priesthood and baptize his family, it’s pretty awesome!! It’s amazing to see the changes in people’s lives!! We have some people we are teaching and it’s a total change!

The gospel is really the most amazing and true thing in the world! I love this gospel! This week we had the opportunity to have a one on one meeting with the president!! It was good to talk to him! He is like my dad in the mission!! He really does love us and you can feel it!! He is a great guy!! Mom!! He only has 6 months left!! So I will have two!! Ha I thought I would only have one!! But I guess not!! The new one will be called of God, so it’s the same! Just different people! It was really a good week here!!

I love you all so much and pray for you every personal prayer I have!! Have a great next week!!

Love Elder Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment