Tampico Mexico Mission

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December 29th, 2014 - Christmas

Hey! It was so great to talk to you!! i love you so much! it was so great to see all your shining faces!! The time goes by so fast, but i think if we got more time, I would probably get homesick! So I know that the 40 minutes are really the best for us!! It was good seeing you all though!! So this Christmas what we did, was we talked to the family, on Christmas the buses go really slow, so we took a taxi and they are super expensieve!! but we were late so we took one!! So we could talk to our families that much faster!! It was good though!! After we went to the stake center and had food and had activities! We played volleyball and watched How to Train Your Dragon 2, such a great movie! We watched it in Spanish!! Yes I understook most of it!! ha It was a goood movie!! We played volleyball again and then did a tie exchange thing! It was cool! I got a cool tie! Things ended and we got back to our area! This is the best part of the whole Christmas... a Christmas I will never forget! I was praying for an oppurtinity that I could serve my Heavenly Father and do something more! I was praying super hard and on Christmas Eve, we saw a member in our ward named Hermano Cecillio! He is about 70 years old and he lives alone! He's a convert and when he converted his wife left him! It was about 10 years ago!! So we saw him in the street and said hi and what not!! We had the impression to go see him on Christmas so we did!! We got all of our things ready and what not!! We got the new ties and the shoe polish and bought dinner for him and took it to him on Christmas night!! He was all alone and he loved it!! We were going to share a message with him, but he was just talking and talking!! I wondered why and then the spirit hit me!! He just wants to be heard!! So we just listened and we were loving the spirit!! It was an amazing experience...so hard to put into words!!! It was a huge testimony builder that we don't need a huge Christmas to be happy!! My comp has been sick the past couple days, so not much else happened!! Just tons of studying and praying for all you guys!! Love you tons!! Love Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment