Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 24th, 2014 - 19 Investigators at Church

Hey!
 
It was one week that I will never forget!! It was such an amazing week!! So first! We have a baptism this coming week!! We have worked super hard with the family and made the dad reactivated and stop smoking and drinking, and now he holds the priesthood! So he can baptize his wife and his son!! So great!! This week, so hopefully this next week they keep strong and make it to Saturday!! It has been such a blessing to see the change in them over this period of 6 weeks and see how their lives are in harmony with the gospel now!! It was not us that changed them though!! It was the spirit that has testified to them!!
 
We had three divisions this week!! So I went with the zone leader one!! I was expecting him to be way happy and be great in the lessons, but he really wasn't!! I was surprised!! Hopefully when I get to that time in my mission I will be excited and going strong if you know what I mean!! It’s hard to put into words!! Second I went with the other district leader! Super divisions!! He was great!! I loved it! I learned so much!! He was in the rich part of the city!! Some houses are huge here!! Yes, I’m in the poorest part! The people are so much better though!! I love my area!! The third was with Elder Nautu!! He’s from Hawaii!! Great elder!! It was fun to speak English!! Ha my Spanish is coming quickly though!! This week it was grown so much!! It’s not me though!! Only through the help of the Lord am I able to do this!!
 
So it was a crazy week here with everything!! We were kind of nervous about church with our investigators, so anytime we had a visit, we invited them to church!! We had 19 go to church!!! It was awesome!! I’m not bragging... ha but it was amazing!! In all this greatness that we had, we had to give talks!! We heard about the talks Saturday!! Ha so I talked on repentance!! It is super easy in ingles... but it’s in Spanish!! Ha so I got prepared!! When I gave my talk, I never looked at my piece of paper…gift of tongues!! Who knows if they understood, but I thought I made pretty good sense!
 
I love it here! We had a great lesson this week with a guy named Caesar!! So we invited him to church and to pray and all that stuff!! We haven’t went to his house yet to ask but he was great and loved church!! The members here are awesome!! Every time they have a new person!! They jump to it!! It was an incredible week!! It sounds like you will be having a good week with Thanksgiving!! Eat a little for me!! I’m gaining weight here!! The pants are getting a little tight!! Ha well some!!
 
It was a great week! Love you tons!!
 
Love Ky
 

No comments:

Post a Comment