Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December 1st, 2014 - First Baptisms!!

Hey! It was a hard working week this week!! We had a lot of family nights with the members so it was a little difficult to do some of the things we wanted!! It was a good week though! We have a couple new family investigators and they are coming along really quickly!! It's great to see there progression! I'm finally starting to have a relationship with the members! The bad part is, we have transfers in two weeks! Yes on my bday! I'm just praying I don't leave the area!! It was a hard but such a rewarding week here!

We had the baptisms! We had two! Angelica Limas and her son Orlando! They were baptized by the husband, and well the dad!! It was time consuming but so worth it!! So Friday we got everything ready and Saturday we had the service! First went Orlando, then Angelica! After they had a huge hug in the font, Orlando was standing right there and he joined in! It was an amazing spiritual part for me! It kinda reminded me of Joseph Smith and his dad in the river!! It was great!! They are such a great family! I love them tons!!

I was asked about Thanksgiving! We didn't do anything here for Thanksgiving!! It made it easy though, because I forgot what day it was on, and it's hot here so it was just a normal week! I was asked about thanksgiving here, and I told them what we do.. They said, we don't do that here.... maybe because they live meal to meal and don't think about things like that!! Maybe dream but it's not possible for them!! I feel bad from some of them, so I had some elders buy the Idahoan potatoes at Walmart, and in this next week I'm going to give them to some of the families that we are close with and that I know that are struggling!! I love them all so much!!

The Spanish is coming along alright! I push through what I want to say in the bad Spanish that I have, but for the most part they understand! It may take me like 5 times but by the end they have the meaning! This next week we are going to Tampico for a meeting with president again! It's great here and I love serving the Lord!

Hope you all have a great next week!

Love Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment