Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

First trip to Walmart/6 weeks in Mexico - November 10th, 2014

Hola!! It was a great week here in Victoria!! It was a cold one also!! We had a couple days here where it got super cold!! It’s a little different than in the states also! You don’t have a nice warm house to go to!! It’s all cold!! I bundle up and made it through! It will be a cold winter when it hits though! Today I called president and asked for permission to go to Walmart and buy the various things, so we did!! It was nice to go there!! They have it all!! Cold showers are that much harder when you have weather that’s cold also!! Ha especially in the mornings!! I love it here though! We had the changes this week and I’m still with my comp and I love it!! He was made district leader and we have 10 elders in our district! Yah it’s a big district! We have some amazing elders! One that was the assistant!! So it will be good and I will learn a ton!! My comp! Mom you said I don’t say much about him, ha so here I go!! So he is from Vera Cruz Mexico... he’s Mexican... but acts likes his from America!! He is great!! We have our hard days with each other, but we always seem to talk it out and figure out how we can make it better!! He loves to talk in the lessons, so I’m trying to simmer that down a little and have me talk a little bit more!! Just to help my Spanish out!! Ha I know what I say is wrong most of the time... but I need to try at least to get better! He loves to cook!! Ha so he is always making something Mexican!! I always make my American things! Pancakes!! They are my favorite!! I was terrible at first... but now they are looking pretty good and tasting great! I just eat things like that... and this week... Idahoan!! YES I bought them!! I saw them and had to buy them at Walmart!! Ha-ha it’s great!! I took pictures for you Dad!! Baby reds aren’t there... work on that... because they are my favorite!! Ha-ha they should be great! It seemed like our investigators were having problems this week!! With all sorts of things!! It was good to work through things with them, but it was hard and hopefully they keep all of then commitments they have made! My comp is really good at loving the people and helping them!! I don’t know any of the Spanish words they say because they aren’t the gospel... so he does it! I just come in when I can!! Not very often! But it was good!! To help them out!! I love serving the Lord! Spanish is coming slowly but everyday un poco mejor! ha I love you guys so much and hope you have a great next week!! Good luck at tryouts Strat!! You’re going to kill it! Love Elder Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment