Tampico Mexico Mission

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Week 3 - October 20th, 2014

Hey!!

It was a great week here in Victoria!! So on Tuesday we got invited to all leadership meeting with President Jordan!! Not sure why but it was great and I sat by president and his wife!! We have a great relationship now!! He’s a great guy and leader of this mission!! Everyone was asking us why we were there, but we didn’t even know, so we just said we were invited!! It was a great meeting on the Holy Ghost!!

My Spanish still struggles, but it gets better every day... a little bit every day! I’m just trying to be confident with it!! It’s a good thing is I can learn something every day! Ha-ha that’s kind of nice! We had a great week! We had 10 investigators come to sacrament meeting!! I loved it!! I’m so excited for them!! It makes me so happy when they say they have prayed, and they know the libro de Mormon is true and want to learn more and prepare for baptism!! They will just need to keep going to church though!! Which I think they will!! Well I pray for it to happen, I guess we will just see though!

So it was a pretty calm week, until yesterday it rained and rained and today also!! ha but yesterday it rained a ton so I had my umbrella and it kind of stopped so I had it down and we went to a members house and we were waiting for him to come out but in the mean time we were talking to his son! They have a super mean dog, pit bull well probably all types of dog, but mainly a pit bull! Ha so I was messing with it and I would shoot it out and have it right in front of his face and he would try to bite it... it was fun!! Ha but we were talking and I was trying to talk to the kid, and I looked at the dog and shot it out again... and I guess I got a little to close... the dog grabbed it and the tug of war was on!! Ha well I would love to say that Kylund won, and the umbrella made it out safely, but I didn’t win!! Ha the umbrella part broke off and the dog shred it to pieces... all I had was the stick!! Ha so at the store today I bought a new one!! 50 pesos!! Like 4 $ ha-ha kind of fun!! I am careful with dogs though!! If they act up, I act like have a rock!! They run so that’s nice!! It was a good week though!

We worked hard, but we can work harder this next week!! I love doing the Lord’s work!! Sounds like you had a great week at home!! Miss you all so much!! Love you tons!

Te ammo, Elder Facer (KY)

P.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so I talked to Sister Jordan!! She said if you want Packages for Christmas, and in my case birthday also!! Send them in this next week!!!! So hurry!!! Mom!! It would be nice to have some more face wash!! Just in case mine runs out!!! Dad!! Shoe polish!! I have to polish my shoes every day!! I feel your pain when shoes get dirty!! Well in my case, they last like 10 minutes!! Ha-ha and Chap Stick and whatever else you want to put in there!! So sister Jordan said, put all the stuff in rubbermaid, because the rats and different insects don’t like to chew through it!! I love you all so much!! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment