Tampico Mexico Mission

Thursday, October 2, 2014

2 Days Left - September 27th, 2014

Hola mi familia!!
2 days left! So crazy that my time is up at the MTC! It went by super fast and i still don't know any Spanish i feel like! ha its all good though! I will have to learn it when I'm in Mexico! This week has not been normal at all! Last Saturday i was getting sores in my mouth, but I thought i could just get them out with some Listerine! That didn't work out so well! They got worse! On Monday i knew i needed to go to the doctor and get the medicine i got last time to fix it! so we went in and he didn't listen to me and prescribed me with some other medicine that didn't work at all! they kept getting worse, but i tried to have faith that they would work.. but they didn't! ha i was kinda frustrated! On Tuesday, my comp got sick, and at 1:30 in the morning i gave my first priesthood blessing! Never thought i would give my first one at 1:30! ha but it did help and was a great experience! That next day we went to the doctor for him and he had bronchitis! not good but he's getting better now and almost well i want to say! ha so on Thursday we went back in for our check up and they still wouldn't listen to me! So he told me i had to go off campus and see a doctor.. but thank you so much mom! he finally listened to you. As i was checking into the doctor, they told me that they cancelled it and that i needed to go back to main campus and see the doctor again there! Once we went back he told me that we need to go pick up the prescription and i will be good! So now I'm on my rode to recovery with my mouth! it will take a little bit because they are all over, but its ok! It was hard that i couldn't talk to you mom! ha i was telling her what to say and she wouldn't say it sometimes! ha but its ok i will get to talk to you on Monday from 2 to 5 in my lay overs in Houston! ha right "Houston"?:) ha but i plan on calling Mackenzie and Darin and also Braxton and Alesha! so be ready!:) ha so you can say this week has been spent in the doctors office! My comp and I have been having fun there!  Not really! but we met a guy that went to Tampico! It was so awesome to get to talk to him! he says we will love it!:)  I got my hair cut today!! Lets just say.. I've looked better in my days!! ha thank you so much Mackenzie and mom for giving me great haircuts.. cause this lady did.. a not so good job!! 

More on the spiritual side, we got to hear from Elder Ballard on Tuesday night! It was amazing! He talked to us like we were his Grand kids! He was great! He told us how we need to cherish our missions with everything and how they don't stop once we are home! We might have all these different callings in the church and we need to be ready and willing to act once we are called! He definitely went up on my favorites list! ha we were like 3rd row also! so close!! I think we made eye contact at least 5 times!;) It was our last time teaching our investigators here at the MTC, we had an amazing last lesson! He committed to baptism finally and the spirit was super strong! i love teaching people and i cant wait till i do it in Tampico! it will probably be my comp for the first 5 weeks, but it will be ok! I will try my hardest to participate in the lessons, even if i kill it.. in a bad way! Hopefully the gift of tongues comes into play right?:) I have faith that it will! So yesterday, we had infield orientation and that's what Sam Anderson does!! it was cool to see him! he is such a nice guy! asked about the whole family!! ALL By name! kind of amazing right! ha that guy needs to get married! ha hes funny! he acts like its the ladies fault! then again hes the one teaching at the MTC!! hahah but this week has been great! ha i thought i had patience, but there's a whole new level i need to be on, and i am working to be on that level! ha my comp is the same! ha helping me out with the patience part of it so that's good and bad at the same time! ha but I've really liked the MTC and am so blessed to be serving the Lord! I love you all so much! You all are in my prayers! Have a great week!
 
Te Amo
Elder Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment