Tampico Mexico Mission

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week Two in Victoria - October 13th, 2014

Hey everyone,
 
It’s great here! I’m finally adjusted and now I just need to work on the Spanish!! It’s coming quickly, but still nobody can understand me!! We may have the poorest area here, but the people are the best!! So loving and nice!! I finally understand Victoria and so it makes it that much easier!
 
The heat! It’s way hot!! It’s has started to cool off a little, so that’s nice, I guess it gets kind of cold here so I’m looking forward to that!! It’s so hot that when I take out my water bottle out of the fridge, in 5 minutes its room temp! No joke! It’s that Hot!! But don’t worry mom! I put on my sunscreen!! Haha best thing ever!!
 
My comp, well he’s pretty close and just wants to talk to the families about social life, so I just had a comp inventory and we fixed everything!! We have our first baptism in two weeks!! family agia, and in three weeks fam villa fuerte!! So this week will be good because I’m gonna be on him!!
 
The food….ha, I had my first bad plate of food! She came out and asked us why we weren’t done already, and we told her we were talking! My comp didn’t even like it!! Ha but she left and he gave me the eye like I have to eat it all! So I did... I almost died!! Ha but I didn’t get sick!! We blessed the food! haha
 
Ha so crazy story! Real quick!! So I went on my first splits with an elder from Vegas, he is such a great guy! But I asked him if he knew Elder Kunz….He did!! Same District!! He says he was a great missionary and super obedient, just touched a wire and the stairs were right there and fell down!! So sad!! But the things you watch out here for... the wires and the cars!! The rest is great!! Ha the bigger the car, the more power to yah!!
 
Nothing really exciting this week happened, just lots of tracking and a couple people committing to baptism!! Ha there are a ton of dogs here!! More than people probably!! 
 
I went to church for the first time!! I didn’t understand much, but it was great! I love the Sacrament!! I just read out of PMG and got all of my spiritual moments! I love you guys tons! Have a great week!
 
Love Elder Facer
 
P: S The letters and package are the mission home!! So I sent letters! Hopefully you get them! I will send the address next week! I spaced bringing it this week but it sounds like you have it figure out! Love you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment