Tampico Mexico Mission

Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5th, 2015 - New Year

< Hey!!! It was a super good week here in Victoria!! It’s getting colder and colder, so that’s why I took out a little bit more money this week!! I bought 2 more blankets!! Ha now I will sleep super well!! The weeks go by so fast in the mission! Not sure if that’s a good thing or a real bad thing! I think a little bit of both! My comp is great! We are different but we are working out our differences and making this area really pop!! The last of this week things really started to pick up!! Everyone is on vacations! So they are returning and starting to be in there houses a little bit more!! They have vacations for like 2 months! How lame is that! Makes missionary work hard! For New Year’s here they have really loud fireworks and gun shots at midnight! That and huge parties!! At midnight it was so loud!! It sounded way cool!! Ha I wish I could have been outside to really listen to it all! Ha but not smart!! It was good though!! I didn’t feel all too well on New Year’s, so I went to bed and woke up at midnight! We were on divisions that day and my comp didn’t wake up! His name is Elder Lopez! If you get the pics from the member, he is the other missionary! His great! From Mexico City! So we had a good new year’s! They keep the parties going on New Year’s Day also!! Let’s just say there are a ton of drunks... well more than usual on those two days!! The holidays here are interesting. It would be different to attend a party!! We are really in our shell in the United States. Well in Idaho and Utah!! It was good though! We had a good week with finding some new investigators!! We had a new one that’s super great!! We were contacting her daughter and she was sleeping so we talked to her... put a date for baptism and everything! The spirit was super strong!! We then had another lesson with her! It was about 10 minutes because we were late... her name is Lorena! We invited her to church and we left!! At church the next day... she was waiting for us in the chapel!! How awesome is that!! I loved it!! She felt the spirit super strong and even shed a couple tears! :) Ha I think she’s on her way!! I love the gospel with everything that I have!! It changes people and makes them become who they want to become! If they just let it!! Normally they fight the change and reject us, but I know eventually they will come to and let it happen!! Great week here! Love you tons! You are always in my prayers! Love, Ky br />
 

No comments:

Post a Comment