Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 12th, 2015 - Super Cold!!

Hey
It was a good week here in Victoria! Super cold but it was good! The house is super cold when it’s cold, and when it’s hot, it’s super-hot! It’s because of the cement!! Oh how I love the wood houses that we have in the states! It was a good week here! We are working super well with the members! They are super excited to do missionary work! I hear they are some of the best members in the mission! That makes me nervous for the rest of the mission!  
I’m getting a little chubby! Here I come Houst! ;) I just need to go running!! Ha I just don’t want to because it’s freezing in the morning!! Ha not lying! When I wake up in the morning, there is water on my blankets because of the cold! Don’t worry I get bundled up! 
My comp is doing great! We talk a lot of Spanglish! We are doing well! He loves to do things his way, but that’s ok... I will just work on my patience! He is good though!! We had this meeting with all of the members of our side, and it was super good! They are going to help us a ton this next week! We had a couple lessons in the night with then after church and they were super powerful! 
 
The problem with the Mexican people! They say a lot of things they want to do, but they just never do it! It’s because of the catholic religion! Everyone says they are going to go to church, but they never do! So we are trying to change the culture and make them actually do what they say! We have some investigators that are pretty great!! They don’t go to church every week, so we are trying hard to change that so they can get baptized! They area is starting to grow pretty well! It was a good week here! Not much to go off on! We had a hard working week with missionary work!! It’s what missionary work is!! I do love growing/ deepening my conversion every day!! It’s truly a blessing!!
 
I love you guys ton!! Hope you have a good week!! I’m praying for you every day and hope you recognize the Lord’s hand in your lives every day!!
 
Love Ky
 
PS! Next week I might write Tuesday because we are going to Tampico Monday for a visa thing!! All Americans have to!!!
Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment