Tampico Mexico Mission

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

February 9th, 2015 - New Area

Hola!! 
 
It was a good week here in Modelo! The area is super different, but it’s fun and good to learn a new area! In our area we have a ton of members, but everyone is less active!! We are working hard, trying to reactivate them but in the mean time trying to find investigators!! We have a couple that are progressing so far, but the area is a little bit dead!
 
The members in the area are a little bit slow to help us out, but with our help they will start and eventually being doing it on their own!! Yah, I grew another heart and put in to action with a lot of the members that we have met!! It’s crazy how fast you can love the people in your area! We have a family and they are made up of less actives and recent converts! They are great!! For the first time in a long time they came to church together this week!! It was great to see them there!! They like to go with us to the investigators so it’s been fast and good to meet them!! I love them!!
 
My comp is great!! He was starting to get a little bit lazy, but I whipped him into shape and we are now together trying to be perfectly obedient!! Really we have a super good relationship!! We just talked about things and how we could be better, and we are now being really obedient and teaching together!! I’m not sure if the pictures are going to work this week!! If not I’m gonna be a little upset!! I took a lot this week!! ha so I bought a little set of a hair cutting clippers!! ha yes today I cut his hair!! Mackenzie I’m basically pro!! ha no I messed up a couple times on one of his ears but it’s funny!! The other ear looks perfect!!:) He wants to cut mine, but mine isn’t long right now!! It’s super short, so in a couple weeks he will cut my hair!
 
It was good week for me!! I’m doing great!! ha so the investigators are slim here but we are finding some new families to teach! We had a cool little experience this week!!! We were teaching this family this week and in the middle of the lesson she said.. I was baptized!! It was great!! After that she just told us everything!! The father hasn’t been baptized or the daughter! At the end of the lesson she asked for a blessing! We explained the blessing to the others and gave the blessing! The spirit was strong! They are excited for us to come back and learn more about the gospel!! They want to know if the church is true for themselves which is great so they don’t just believe in the people/ elders!
 
I love you guys a lot!! Sounds like you had a great week!! I’m going to try go to a different place to send pics!! Have a good Valentines!! Think about me with all the chocolate that you eat!! Happy bday Brax!! All the people that read this wish him a happy bday!! He deserves it!!!
Love all!!!
 
Love Ky!!
ELDER FACER

No comments:

Post a Comment