Tampico Mexico Mission

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 2nd, 2015 - First Transfer

Hey!!

We had the changes and it was kind of a little different one! First off with me!! I got changed to Tampico! I’m in a part called Modelo! Once I know my address mom I will send you so you can look at our house!! It’s a little different! Super small but it will be good!! My new comp is Elder Cruz! He is from Mexico and had a year in the mission!! He is good and knows no English!! I’m happy for that because it will force me to learn Spanish!! I will basically be Mexican when we finish!! The new area is good from what I know!! The store where we buy our food is super small but that’s ok!! We will have everything that we need!! I will tell you more about the area next week! I don’t know too much and feel a little lost! Elder Cammack also got changed out of the area!! I can’t remember where he is going but that means there will be two new missionaries in our area!! I’m not sure why they took him out also!! His is the new secretary to Sister Jordan!! It made sense thought because he called her almost every day with something that he had problems with!!

I was sad to leave my first area and all of the people that I had to say good bye to!! The people were so great!! Some of the best members I’ve ever met!! They were recent converts to!! They will all be trying to add me on Facebook, so mom be ready for that! :) What was super sad was that on the 14th we were going to have a baptism!! He was ready and will be baptized then, so we left the other elders a little present! He was great! His name is Martin! He wants to be baptized so badly!! Ha I think he might need a little more help or one or two more weeks, but we will see if he passes his interview!! The family is family Perez Sabala!! They are on their way also and close to baptism so am super excited for them!! When you say good bye to them, it feels like you have to grow a new heart for the new people in your new area!! I feel like it happened to me!"!!

It was a good last week in Victoria! We found a ton of new investigators, but it’s so hard to help them progress! With Mexico they say they want it, but don’t apply it in their lives!! In the states they are just honest!! But kind of rude about it!! Ha if they don’t want it they will just tell you how it is!! It’s so true here in the mission!! We get rejected so often, but the small victories are so much greater!!

When we were saying good bye to some of our investigators they told us and promised us that they will be baptized!!! Whoa!! The exciting thing about them is they are a family!! How ¨bonita¨ it is to see a family get baptized!!! I love the mission and excited to learn this new area and work with my comp!! He is great!!

Mom!!! I love you tons!! I hope you have a great bday on the 5th!! I will surely be thinking about you and eating an extra candy for you!:) ha I love you and hope you have the best bday ever!! Boys give her a huge hug for me!!!

Grandma Brown!! Happy bday today!! You’re the best!! It was such a blessing to live by you for a year before my mission!!! Our relationship grew greatly and I love you so much!! You’re in my prayers!!

I love you all so much and sounds like you had a good week with all the sports activities and such!! I hate the Patriots!! I didn’t want them to win!! Ha all we do is see it in the newspapers and what not!! Have a good next week and tell my Mom and Grandma happy birthday!!! I love you guys!!!

Love Ky
Elder Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment