Tampico Mexico Mission

Monday, September 22, 2014

September 20th, 2014 - Travel Plans

Hola mi familia y amigos!!

We got our TRAVEL PLANS!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!! We fly out at 10 a.m. on Monday morning! We have to leave the MTC at 4:35. It’s super early but I'm so excited to get out of this place! This week has been crazy and I'm not sure why! Even though it was super crazy it was good!
On Tuesday we went to our Tuesday night devotional, and guess who decided to show up?? Richard G Scott! He had an amazing talk about prayer and how it’s important to us because we get to talk to our Heavenly Father and it shouldn't be something that we just go through! We should pray with all of our heart! I totally agree! Being on my mission has helped me so much come closer to my Heavenly Father! Pray is essential to come closer to him! I guess we are gonna get another general authority on Tuesday night again so that will be super awesome! I will tell you all about it on my next P-day!

On Wednesday we were able to be hosts for all the new missionaries that came in! 161 to the west campus! It was awesome to see and reflect on how much I've grown in the month that I've been here! I was able to host this kid from Rexburg that i played ball with so that was good, and hopefully comforting to him! The rest of the week flew by! We taught our TRC investigator and it was amazing! He wanted my companion to teach the whole thing!! I helped my comp prepare and he killled it! By the end of it you could see that he had a ton more confidence! Ever since that experience he’s been helping out in the lessons!! It was a huge testimony builder for himself and me also! For him, knowing that he can do it!! For me, that hard work really does pay off and without the Lord I wouldn't have been able to do it!

So since today was P-day, we went to the temple, and came back early because the buses were shutting down since BYU has a football game today!! We came back and went to Brigham landing! There was this burger place and other shops so we ate at the burger place and also went to Jamba juice! It was super good! ha I miss that kind of food. Well it doesn’t help that this food isn't great! We only have a week left and i hear the last week in the MTC is the best because they start to just be spiritual and not worry about the Spanish as much!! so that will be awesome!

So tomorrow is Sunday and I've been asked to say the opening prayer... in Spanish.. so that will be good! I'm kinda excited for it! Elder Trost and I are also saying the sacrament prayers! Just like old times!!:) ha so if I have to give a talk also! That would just be crazy! I would steal the show! I'm so grateful for the wonderful opportunity that i have to serve the lord and teach people about the wonderful gospel!

Love Elder Facer

No comments:

Post a Comment